SIGNIFICANT EXCLUSIONS The Towergate Medical Line office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to
Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
If you or anyone else named on this policy has not been a resident in PLEASE NOTE You must also notify the Towergate Medical Line
the UK or Eire for the past 6-months this policy cannot cover you. immediately of any changes in medical circumstances arising
between the date the policy is issued and the time of departure for
PRE-EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS the trip. You may have to pay an additional premium to cover your
You must be able to comply with the following conditions to have the medical conditions. This applies to all destinations.
full protection of your policy. If you do not comply we may refuse to
deal with any relevant claim or reduce the amount of any relevant In addition to the above the policy also contains the following
claim payment. main exclusions:
If you are travelling within the United Kingdom or Eire you are not • Any existing medical conditions unless they have been declared to
required to declare your medical conditions. However to be covered (where appropriate) and accepted by the insurer.
for any medical conditions you have or have had, you must be able • Your participation in any organised sports, winter sports or
to answer YES to all of the questions 1. to 5. a) and b) below: dangerous activities unless they have been declared to and
accepted by the Insurer.
1. You are not aware of any reason why the trip could be cancelled or • Suicide or the wilful exposure to exceptional personal risk.
cut short. • Travel against the advice of the carrier, any other public transport
2. You are not travelling: provider, the Foreign Office or the World Health Organisation.
a) against the advise of a medical practitioner • Motorcycle travel during the insured trip where the engine size
b) for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment, or exceeds 125cc.
c) if you have been given a terminal prognosis. Any manual work or hazardous occupation undertaken during the
3. You are not receiving or awaiting treatment for any bodily injury, insured trip.
illness or disease as a hospital day case or in-patient. The bankruptcy / liquidation of the tour operator, travel agent or
4. If you are on medication at the time of travel your medical transportation company with whom you have booked your trip.
condition is stable and well controlled.
5. If you suffer from stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental or Examples of these and other conditions and restrictions and what to
nervous disorder, it must have been investigated and diagnosed do if you are unsure about any aspect of an exclusion are contained
as such by either: within your policy information. If after purchasing a policy should
a) a registered mental health professional if you are under the you find it does not meet your requirements you have 14 days from
care of a Community Mental Health Team, or the date of issue, or prior to travel (whichever is sooner) to cancel
b) a consultant specialising in the relevant field who has the policy.
confirmed in writing (at your cost) that you are fit enough to
take this trip. TRAVEL INSURANCE PREMIUMS
If you are travelling outside of the United Kingdom or Eire you must TRIP DURATION UK & ROI EUROPE
telephone the Towergate Medical Line on 0344 892 1698 if anyone to 1-3 days £13.00 -
be covered by this policy, or any person upon whose health the 4-7 days £16.00 £26.00
trip depends: 8+ days £21.00 £33.00
1. Has or has had a medical condition (excluding childhood and All premiums include 20% Insurance Premium Tax.
minor ailments not requiring treatment).
2. Is taking prescribed medication. Ulsterbus Limited is an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance
3. Has or has had any medical condition still requiring Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
periodic review. Authority (their firm reference is 313486) and which is permitted to
advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.
4. Is awaiting any tests, treatment, investigation, referral or the
results of these.
96 Holiday Insurance www.ulsterbustours.com